Livin' la Vida L.A.! Headline Animator

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kikey goes to the ALMA Awards: 'Behind the Scenes'

How exciting!  The ladies of ‘Let’s Talk!’ were invited to walk the red carpet at the 2011 ALMA Awards.  So how am I going to get red carpet ready for the biggest Latino award show of the year?  Well you know that old adage, “It takes a village to raise a child”?  I say, “It takes a team to get Kikey Castillo red carpet ready”! 
 
Because let me tell you, No Way, No How do I wake up looking or feeling red carpet glamorous!  But with the help of some of my makeover guru’s, I can strut the red carpet like any other Hollywood Starlet.  Wait till you see my before and after look!  


~ Meet My Team ~

Clark Russell, 
Celebrity Stylist, VIP Make-Over Artist and Beauty Expert
 
My friend and famous celebrity hair and makeup artist, Clark and I go way back.  I was doing entertainment reporting for Latin Heat, and he made me over for a makeover segment back in 2008, awe, memories Clark :)  

I’ve since transitioned from covering the red carpet to being on the red carpet. And Clark has also been making his mark in his industry.

He's been growing his celeb clientele, increasing business at his Clark Russell Salon and even launching his very own product line called 'be Clarked'His energy and drive is unstoppable!  And he is a sweetheart of a guy who is always such a joy to work with!



Before: Definitely not Red Carpet Ready
A man in demand, Clark Russell made a house call to do my hair; turning my locks into a big ol’mane Roaaarrr, I’m a lioness.

My hair was one of my best accessories on the red carpet (wait till you see it), Clark is a genius!

Then as quick as he arrived, he was running out the door to Richard Glass Salon in Venice to do a 'Makeover' on Dayana Falcon, a contest winner that www.LatinHeat.com held click here for details.
 
I later met up with the crew at Richard Glass Salon so that Clark could apply my makeup.  

Dayana Falcon, Clark & Kikey at Richard Glass Salon

Thanks Richard being such a great host to us! xoxo Btw, Richard has worked with Oprah!!

Richard Glass, Bel & Kikey photo: Christopher Lozano

Follow Clark Russell on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/clarkrussellsalon or visit him at www.clarkrussellsalon.com
 


Steve Galindo,  
Celebrity Stylist & T.V. Personality

aka “TheStyleGuyde” is the stylist for our talk show, 'Let’s Talk!' so he was more than enthused to give me a fabulous red carpet look for the ALMA’s.  

His blog http://thestyleguyde.wordpress.com is the city of Beverly Hill's sponsored lifestyle and luxury blog. Way to go Steve!  He is a burgeoning talent and I am so happy to work with him now because he’s going to blow up. Watch out Rachel Zoe!

A little behind the scenes gossip, I had some dress drama!! I almost ended up with nothing to wear hours before the event!  My heart sank.  Let’s just say that through a series of unfortunate events I ended up with no dress in hand.  But TheStyleGuyde at the 11th hour pulled off finding me yet another perfect dress, shoes, purse and accessories!


Friend Steve on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheStyleGuyde or follow his Beverly Hills Sponsored blog http://thestyleguyde.wordpress.com/
 


Stay tuned for my next blog (out tomorrow) 
 "Kikey goes to the ALMA Awards: Red Carpet"  
You will see me hair and make-up ready and wearing the fabulous designer duds! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Hispano Bloggers Member

Hispano Bloggers Member
Member of