Livin' la Vida L.A.! Headline Animator

Thursday, October 6, 2011

John Leguizamo’s one-man show “Ghetto Klown”

Am I funny to you? Am I your clown?!  How many times have you heard that?  Either as a jest or in a quarrel?  Or better yet, how many times have you said it to someone else…for dramatic effect of course.

Well, John takes that phrase to another level and say’s “Yes.  I am a clown, I am a Ghetto Klown” and his funny comes from pain.  There is a saying that the most funny comedians are the most wrought with pain.  And John is FUNNY!


John Leguizamo performing at the Ricardo Montalban Theatre


On Sunday, I went to see John’s 5th one-man show, “Ghetto Klown” at The Ricardo Montalban Theatre with some friends and myyyyy was I laughing as his tragedies!  It was laugh out loud HA’s and giggling and head nodding yes and definitely some knee slappings going on too.  


LtoR: Kikey Castillo, Naibe Reynoso, Karina Noelle, Lorena Alvarado


We relate to John in this show as he recounts his journey from ghetto boy in Queens to becoming a Hollywood movie star.  I mean, haven’t we all had a dream that we had to fight hard for, aren’t we all looking for love, we certainly have all lost love, who hasn’t had a difficult relationship with a parent, or at some point simply believed that we “just aren’t good enough”.  


John Leguizamo displays his life, the raw truth of it, on stage for the world to laugh AT him and WITH him...a “Ghetto Klown” for sure!  


Direct from Broadway

 John Leguizamo in
“Ghetto Klown”

15 performances only! Sept 30 to Oct 16
Tickets On Sale through tix.com
Performances at The Ricardo Montalban Theatre



Leguizamo explains, “Ghetto Klown” is all the things I say to my therapist and my manager, but would never want the general public to know.  It’s cheaper than a lawsuit and I get to take a bow at the end.  It’s like Wikileaks but with no international manhunt. Yet.”

Click play to see video of John's Show or go to livinlavidala.blogspot.com



I’m more of a fan of John’s now! 

Funny guys are sexy...Muah!

My favorite John Leguizamo movies:
To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar
Ice Age as the voice of Sid
Moulin Rouge
Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hispano Bloggers Member

Hispano Bloggers Member
Member of