Livin' la Vida L.A.! Headline Animator

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Best Acting Classes at Margie Haber Studio



“If only I had only known then, what I know now…” want to avoid that pesky and unhappy thought?  Then I wholeheartedly recommend studying at Margie Haber Studio if you want to work more in TV and film. 



This is a little golden nugget of advice you are definitely 
going to want to heed


I know when I first moved to LA, to follow my path as an actor, I had heard of Margie Haber and I intended on taking the classes buttttt instead I ended up taking a circuitous route right back to where my gut told me to go all along -- Margie Haber Studio.  Follow your gut people…always a big lesson for me.

Ok, so you might be wondering why I am loving <3 on this class.  Well the best way I can break it down is like this; for years I have been frustrated with my acting process, my audition technique, etc, etc, and out of that frustration I would gripe to my friends and it would sound something like this:  


“I just wish someone would tell me what it is I’m doing wrong and tell me what it is I AM supposed to be doing”



And wouldn’t you know it, in my very first class at the studio this is the very thing they said they were going to teach us.  My jaw dropped and I was like whaaaat???  This is AWESOME!  I got what I was asking for.

And indeed it has been awesome.  I have seen myself improved since learning to use the Margie Haber Technique coupled with the use of the studio cameras and TV’s in each room.  It has been so enlightening to review my video in the classroom watching myself do things that could cause me to lose the role but more importantly watching me do things that could WIN me the role. Very eye opening.     


Courtney Burr reviewing my audition read from class


I’m entering my 3rd month of studying in the intermediate class with Courtney Burr (Margie Haber teaches the advance classes, which I definitely plan on taking).  Let me say, Courtney is wonderful and I am so happy to be studying with him.  One can definitely say, he’s an actor’s teacher -- he’s tireless, gives great feedback and really cares about seeing you improve.  He gives me the warm fuzzies and I love him for that! 


Margie Haber studio lobby during class. We all bonded and even created a Facebook group to keep in touch.



And the icing on the cake is to this wonderful class of mine…getting to know and bond with like minded, talented and nice actors at the studio.  Who, by the way, are a wealth of information!  I’m getting great info about photographers, showcases, workshops, blogs (shout out to fellow blogger Alex at http://girlwhereyouat.blogspot.com/).  I have met nothing but great people at this studio. 
   
Courtney's September Intermediate Intensive Class
Back to front: Kwesio Jones, Rob Locke, Alexandra Choi, Eugena Peng, Rachael Sleek-Bañuelos, Dawn Davis, Christelle, Dex Bell, Daina Washington, Allan Merritt, Kikey Castillo, Courtney Burr and dog Frodo 


So, if you’re trying to figure out where to study your craft, I highly recommend Margie Haber Studio.   I bet you’ll be happy you did! 


Margie Haber Studio
971 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Ste. 207
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 854-0870
www.margiehaber.com






4 comments:

  1. Aaaaaah!!! You gave us and me a shout out!!! Whoop! Whoop!!!! Let's knock'em dead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex :) I sure did LOL. You deserve it! Heck yeah, knocking them dead as we speak...and girl I know you are too!
    xoxo Kikey

    ReplyDelete

Hispano Bloggers Member

Hispano Bloggers Member
Member of