Livin' la Vida L.A.! Headline Animator

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

France is just 5 minutes away!


After taking high school French I’ve fallen in LOVE with France.  If only I could live in France and master a French accent I would be truly happy…I digress.  Now I have a little bit of my chocolate croissant dreams in my very own back yard at L’Epicerie which means ‘market’ in French. 


I have stumbled in a morning or two to enjoy breakfast and a nice coffee but the other night my co-host on ‘Let’s Talk’ and amazing entertainment journalist in her own right, Naibe, and I decided to check out their happy hour.  
 

Thierry Perez, the general manager, warmly greeted us in his oh so amazingly thick French accent - Ooh la la!  Being from the south of France himself, he is truly passionate about his European-inspired French gourmet market, café and restaurant proudly talking about his food and upcoming beer and wine pairing dinners. Thank you Thierry, think I’ll definitely try the wine pairing dinner.  

L’Epicerie happy hour menu is small in options and portions so don’t come hungry however, their prices are trè magnifique at $3 for tapas, wine and beer. My absolute fav tapa of the night was the Tortilla de Patatas…YUMMY! 

The ceviche was nice too and I tried, for the very first time, a tinsy bitsy little bit of foie gras which Naibe loves and ordered (not my fav…poor ducks).  
 
 
Being a self proclaimed connoisseur of happy hours I found L’Epicerie perfect for a glass of wine in a European style setting, good for conversations - not loud at all and sprinkled with a dash of a “Cheers” vibe.  Where the regulars hanging out at the wine bar and where if you also stop in a time or two, they will also know your name.    

L'Epicerie Market
9900 Culver Blvd
Culver City
, CA 90232
   

  

2 comments:

Hispano Bloggers Member

Hispano Bloggers Member
Member of