Livin' la Vida L.A.! Headline Animator

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Bangles concert for free, a beach blanket on the sand and the light of the full moon…only in LA!


Santa Monica offers FREE concerts every Thursday during the summer and they are magical; such a great way to decompress from the LA daily grind.  I mean, a lot of Angelenos live in LA but never make it out to the beach…I fall into that category.  But before you yell at me for not being a bigger beach bunny let me just equate it to this example: say you have a house and in your backyard you have a swimming pool and at first you swam in it all the time but after a few years you just stare at your pool from the inside of your house saying “so pretty, I should go for a swim”  but you don’t.    
 
So last night I went to the beach, YAY me, for the 27th Annual Twilight Dance Series which offers free concerts of all types of music on the Santa Monica Pier.  

Last night was the 80’s pop group, the Bangles!!!  Who just so happen to play some of my all time favorite songs like ‘Eternal Flame’, ‘Manic Monday’, ‘A Hazy Shade of Winter’ and of course ‘Walk Like An Egyptian’.  I was so happy to be there and see them live - I mean their songs bring back some pretty vivid memories…ahhhh youth.  And I’d like to say, Wow, Susanna Hoffs is still incredibly gorgeous - I’m pretty sure I wanted to be like her when I grew up.    

This free concert series is a must see this summer.  Bring friends, food, drinks, beach games and take in the scenery of our beautiful beach with cool live music to boot!   



Tip: Plan to get there early If  you wanna stake out a place right on the pier where the concert takes place but in my opinion, the best seat(s) in the house is right below the pier on the sand where hundreds of other people are having a good time just like you will.  And I may even run into you…say HI.

Santa Monica Pier Twilight Concerts  
When: Every Thursday from July 8 through September 9, from 7:00pm to 10:00pm 
Where: Santa Monica Pier, 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA
How Much: FREE!
Parking:
$10 in the Pier lot, or $3 in a public lot on 2nd or 4th. Or take the Big Blue Bus. Plus, free bike valet!
Website:
http://www.santamonicapier.org/twilight/
Full Moon
Making "Nice" with Police
                                                                                                                                                                                            

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hispano Bloggers Member

Hispano Bloggers Member
Member of