Livin' la Vida L.A.! Headline Animator

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hometown Girl Makes Good: Kikey Castillo's story "From Fields to Footlights"


I got my Christmas present early this year and it came wrapped in a pretty HUGE bow -- the front page of the lifestyle section of my hometown newspaper!  

That's right!!!  I couldn't believe when I got the call from writer, Kathy Aney, from the East Oregonian Newspaper from back home asking to interview me.  I was floored and flattered all at the same time, actually, I was feeling many different emotions.  She said that Cathy Minnick (the mother of my high school sweetheart - whom I had kept in touch with up until a few years ago) had wrote in telling them I would make a great story with all my accomplishments here in Hollywood.  

After a video Skye interview, many back and forth emails with Kathy, and interviews from my best friend, Amy Jewett Hoffert and cousin, Jose Navarro...Voila! 

I am so proud of this piece and I hope it inspires may others out there to follow their dreams. 








*Thank you to Kathy Aney for writing my story with such warmth and wit and to Cathy Minnick for making this possible* 



1 comment:

  1. This is a great article about you, Kikey! Loved reading it. What a great way to kickoff the holiday season. Have an awesome one!

    ReplyDelete

Hispano Bloggers Member

Hispano Bloggers Member
Member of